A former Northern Montana College/Montana State University- Northern student who did not attend the preceding semester must submit the following items for readmission:

  • An application for re-admission, submitted through MyInfo.
    • Navigate to MyInfo
    • Click on "Log in to MyInfo (NetID)" and login to the secure area using your NetID and password
    • Click on "Student Services"
    • Click on "Re-admit Request" located near the bottom of the list
  • Official copies of transcripts from all institutions attended since his/her last registration at Montana State University-Northern. A transcript will be accepted as official only when sent directly from the Registrar of the institution(s) previously attended to the Admissions Office at Montana State University-Northern.


If you last attended MSU-Northern before 2018, you may need to claim/recover your NetID using the instructions below before you can log in to MyInfo.

  1. On the MyInfo log in page, click Claim/Recover NetID.
  2. If you know your MSU ID, enter it here and click submit.
  3. If you don't know your MSU ID, click the link at the bottom that says "I don't know my MSU ID"
    1. Enter in your last name and the last four digits of your social security number and click submit.
  4. Enter in your date of birth and click submit
  5. The next screen will show you your NetID. Write this ID down and then click the link to set your password.
  6. Once you've set your password, you should be able to log into MyInfo using your NetID and the password you just created.

For help claiming or recovering your NetID, please contact the Northern Help Desk at 406-265-3765 or