Dual Enrollment for High School Students

The purpose of this partnership is to provide high school students in the School Districts with the opportunity to earn both high school credit and college credit simultaneously or college credit only in the courses provided by Montana State University-Northern.

High School Counselors and Administrators – Are you interested in getting your students enrolled in dual credit courses, or are you a returning site facilitator getting your students ready to register for next year? If so, follow the steps listed below.

To obtain information contact
      Molly Fishburn-Matthew
     E-mail: m.fishburnmatthew@msun.edu
     Phone: 406.265.3557

  1. Review the Fall 2021 Courses
  2. Review the Dual Credit Guidelines

Parents and High School Students - Check with your high school counselor to see if your school has a Dual Enrollment agreement with Montana State University-Northern.

  1. Refer to the checklist and have each student complete and return the following forms to a high school counselor or the Admissions office at MSU-Northern.
    1. Dual Enrollment Application
    2. Review the Fall 2021 Courses
    3. Dual Enrollment Registration
      [Must be signed by high school counselor and parent if student is under 18]
    4. Release Information Authorization
  3. Make appropriate payment or sign Deferred Payment contract located at the bottom of the Dual Enrollment Registration Form. Please contact MSU-Northern Business Services at 406-265-3733 for questions regarding fees and payment information. For information on Montana's One-Two-Free dual enrollment tuition waiver program, visit Montana University System's Dual Enrollment page here.