Voice Mail: Compose Messages
Instead of calling someone and waiting for CallPilot to take your message, you can use the Compose command to create and then send messages. Express Messaging is faster for sending a message to one person, but the Compose command is very useful when you want to send the message to more than one person.
To Compose a Message:
- Press . "Compose. Enter a list of mailboxes."
- Enter the first mailbox or distribution list number, followed by . "(Name or mailbox/list number.)" To remove a the last mailbox or distribution list number you entered from the list
of recipients, press after entering the mailbox number. "Address (mailbox number) canceled."
Note: if you don't know a person's number, you can use Name Dialing.
- Continue entering mailbox numbers following each with a .
- When you have finished entering addresses, press again to end the list. "To begin recording, press 5. To end recording, press #."
- Press . Wait for the tone, then speak.
- When you have finished speaking, press . "Recording stopped."
- If you would like to add options at his point:
- Press then,
- To add the Urgent option, press . To cancel an Urgent option for a message, press , then again.
- To mark a message Private, press . To cancel a Private option for a message, press , then again.
NOTE: When you send a message marked Private, recipients in your organization cannot forward it or attach it to another message.
- If you would like to add attachments at this point:
- Press , then for Add Attachment.
- Enter the number of the message you want to attach to your unsent message, then press .
- If you want to send the message at this point, press . "Message sent."
If for any reason CallPilot can't deliver your message, a message called a Non-Delivery Notification is sent to your mailbox.