Voice Mail: Replying to Messages
When another CallPilot user sends you a message, you can use the Call Sender command to automatically place a call to the sender. With the Reply command you can record and send a reply to the sender. If the message was sent to you and to other people, you can record a reply and send a reply to all the other recipients of the message (if they are known to voice messaging system) as well as to the originator.
- After listening to a message, you may want to speak immediately with the person who
left the message. If the message is from a number that is part of our CallPilot system,
that number can be automatically dialed for you by using the Call Sender feature.
- After hearing the message, press . "Calling (senders extension number or name)"
- Talk to the sender or leave a message and then hang up when you are finished.
To reply to the sender of a message:
- After hearing the message, press . "Reply to (sender's mailbox number or name) To begin recording, press 5. To end recording, press #."
- When you are ready to record press . Wait for the tone then speak.
- When you have finished speaking, press . "Recording stopped."
- If you would like to add options at his point:
- Press then,
- To add the Urgent option, press .
- To cancel an Urgent option for a message, press , then again.
- To mark a message Private, press .
- To cancel a Private option for a message, press , then again.
- NOTE: When you send a message marked Private, recipients in your organization cannot forward it or attach it to another message.
- If you would like to add attachments at this point:
- Press , then for Add Attachment.
- Enter the number of the message you want to attach to your unsent message, then press .
- To send the message press . "Message sent."
To reply to the sender and all recipients:
- After hearing the message press . "Reply all. To (first name on list). To begin recording, press 5. To end recording, press #."
- If you want to hear the list of people who sill receive your reply, press . "(Description of message, including all mailbox numbers or names.)"
- When you are ready to record your reply, press . Wait for the tone, then start to speak.
- When you have finished speaking, press .
- If you would like to add Options or Attachments, see steps 4 and 5 in the section above.
- To send the message, press .