Contact Us

Admissions Office
P.O. Box 7751
Havre, MT 59501-7751

Cowan Hall 213

8 a.m. - 5 p.m.


Information for Parents & Families

FERPA - Information about student privacy rights under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974.

What types of Financial Aid are available for students attending Northern?
Visit the Financial Aid website to find out about the types of financial aid and scholarships available to Northern students.

What can my daughter/son major in at Northern?
Northern offers a wide array of degrees

What kind of jobs can my son/daughter get both while attending Northern and afterwards?
Our Career Center provides employment services for students while they are attending MSU-Northern and after they graduate.

What if my daughter/son needs assistance with some of the course s/he is taking?
Student Support Services provide college students with the support and skills needed to remain in college and complete a degree program.

Can I request disability accommodations for my son/daughter?
Northern provides a number of services for students with physical or learning disabilities. However, all requests for accommodations must come directly from the student.

How can I contact my student living in the residence halls?
MSU-Northern provides each residence hall room with a telephone and voicemail services. Your student can tell you what their phone number is after they arrive.

Morgan Hall   MacKenzie Hall

Office Phone Number:

Mailing Address:
1110 Buttrey Drive
Havre, MT 59501


Office Phone Number:

Mailing Address:
1200 Buttrey Drive
Havre, MT 59501

How can I contact my student in case of an emergency?
If you have a life threatening emergency and your student has not submitted a "Privacy Rights" request form, you may call the Registrar's office at 406-265-3703 to have a message relayed.

Does Northern have and emergency notification system?
Yes, MSUN Alert is a notification system that will deliver critical information to MSU-Northern students, faculty and staff during unforeseen events or emergencies. Enrollment in MSUN Alert is free, voluntary and anyone can enroll.

Information for Campus Visitors

Find out what's happening at Northern by viewing our Calendar of Events

There are many dates you'll want to mark on your calendar, from holidays to final exam times. The Academic Calendar is a great resource for this information.

MSU-Northern is a beautiful campus to visit, and a visit to campus is the best way to learn about the breadth of our academic programs and to see our facilities.

Maps of Northern, Havre and Montana

How to get to Northern...

By car:

From US highway 87:

Turn RIGHT onto Old Post Road at the MSU-Northern sign.
Old Post Road becomes 11TH Street West.
Approximately 3 miles from highway 87, the campus has 2 Entrances on 11th Street: Turn RIGHT at either Cowan Drive (upper entrance) or 1st Avenue.
From US highway 2 (eastbound):
Turn RIGHT (south) at 5th Avenue.
Turn RIGHT (west) on 10th Street.
Turn LEFT at either 1st Avenue or Cowan Drive (upper entrance).
From US highway 2 (westbound):
Turn LEFT (south) at 5th Avenue.
Turn RIGHT (west) on 10th Street.
Turn LEFT at either 1st Avenue or Cowan Drive (upper entrance).

By air:

Havre is served primarily by the Great Falls International Airport in Great Falls, Montana (115 miles). Commercial airlines serving the Great Falls airport include Delta Airlines, Northwest Airlines, United Airlines, Alaska/Horizon and Allegiant.

Cape Air provides service to Havre from Billings, MT.

Havre City-County Airport serves Havre and Hill County and is owned by the City Of Havre & Hill County (3 miles).

By rail:

Amtrak provides rail service to Havre. For reservations, visit them on the web or call 1-800-USA-RAIL

By Bus:

The North Central Montana Transit is a public transportation system designed to serve the Hi-Line communities of Hill and Blaine counties and surrounding communities as well as to provide coordinated services with Fort Belknap and Rocky Boy's Transit systems.

NCMT provides bus service between the the North Central Montana towns of Fort Belknap, Harlem, Chinook, Havre, Larado, Box Elder and Great Falls. In Havre they have more than 10 stops, including MSU-Northern.

Visitors may park in any available space other than reserved and handicapped spaces (unless of course, the visitor displays a handicapped permit). Visitors are subject to the same parking regulations and enforcement as students and employees.