Benefits Information for Faculty
Faculty earn 8 hours per month. For new employees, sick leave available for use after 90 days, with supervisor approval. Sick leave can be used for the employee and the employee’s immediate family. There is no limit on accumulated balance. Upon leaving MSUN, sick leave is paid out for ¼ of available leave balance
Payday is on the 11th of each month, unless that date is a weekend, then it’s the Friday before.
See the Payroll Schedule.
Insurance PlanEmployer contributes dollar amount, allows the employee to select the options that best fit their situation.
- Allegiance Managed Care
- Blue Cross Managed Care
- Pacific Source Managed Care
- Coverage through Delta Dental
- Basic Life Insurance-Required
- Long Term Disability-Required
- Vision Coverage-Optional
Total of the above options less the Employer Contribution is the Before Tax Cost to the employee.
- Flex Plan-Optional-Before Tax Cost
- Can contribute toward: Medical Care Reimbursement Plan, Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan or Adoption Assistance
- Supplemental Life Insurance-Optional-After Tax Cost
- AD&D – Optional-After Tax Cost
- Dependent Life Insurance-Optional-After Tax Cost
Faculty participate in TIAA CREF Employee contributes 7.044% of gross pay. Employer contributes 5.956% of gross pay. Defined contribution program. Allows employee to select the allocation of their investments.
Union and Dues
Faculty are in American Federation of Teachers. Dues are approximately $64.10 per month, paid 10 months of year.
Faculty at .75 FTE or greater can receive a waiver of tuition for any university system classes taken while employed at MSUN. The tuition waiver is for up to 6 credit hours per semester. Forms are available online, in the Human Resources Office or in the Business Services Office.
Contact Suzanne Hunger, HR Director, 265-3568
Kelly Leeds, Payroll/Benefit Tech, 265-3710