About TRIO Student Support Services
What is TRIO Student Support Services?
Through a grant competition, funds are awarded to institutions of higher education to provide opportunities for academic development, to assist students with basic college requirements, and to motivate students toward the successful completion of their post secondary education. The goal of TRIO SSS is to increase the college retention and graduation rates of its participants, and to inform the academic community of best practices and strategies for retaining and graduating all students. SSS is there to assist its students at every stage of undergraduate education providing intensive academic, personal, and career advising.
The SSS program is available to undergraduate MSUN students who meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States
- Be an admitted MSUN undergraduate student
- Demonstrate academic need
In addition, SSS participants must meet at least one of the three requirements:
- Have a low income as defined by the U.S. Department of Education
- Be from a family from which neither parent/guardian has earned a bachelor's degree
- Be registered with MSUN Office of Disability Services
MSUN TRIO SSS program can serve over 200 students each year. 62% of MSUN students qualify for this program so it is important to get your application in as soon as possible to ensure your spot. Applicants will be selected if they meet the above criteria and demonstrate a commitment to active participation.