Section 702 of the Act addresses the qualifications for this program:
These are the only GI Bill® programs that qualify for the Act. Veteran Affairs has not sent forward any regulations
on this Act, at this point. We will continue to update this information as it is received.
- Covered individuals receiving Montgomery and Post 9/11 GI Bill® educational assistance.
- Must enroll within 3 years of discharge after serving 90 days or more on active duty;
- OR Surviving spouses or children under the Fry Scholarship, who enroll within 3 years
of an active duty Service member's death in the line of duty after serving 90 days
- Veteran Affairs will be the agency determining qualification of being within 3 years
- Montana State University Northern will still be participating in the Yellow Ribbon