Obtaining Transcripts

Montana State University Northern accepts electronic transcripts from The National Student Clearinghouse and from  Parchment.  Electronic Transcripts must be addressed to the Registrar’s office or registrar’s emailElectronic transcripts received from other departments or emails will not be honored and will be considered unofficial.

Name of Institution:   Montana State University-Northern
Address where requests for transcripts are to be sent:   Registrar's Office
P.O. Box 7751
Havre, MT 59501
Telephone number:   (406) 265-3703
Fax number:   (406) 265-3788
Information to include with transfer request:   · Current name and past name
· Social Security number
· Date of birth
· Dates of attendance
· Current mailing address
· Home phone number
· Address where transcript is to be sent
· Number of copies
Cost for official transcript:  

Regular handling requests are normally filled withing five (5) working days. Cost for regular handling is $3.00 per transcript.

Special handling requests are normally filled within 24 hours or one working day.  Cost for special handling is $3.00 per transcript plus an additional $10.00 fee. Sending a transcript via fax is considered special handling and the special handling fee will be assessed.

Transcript fees are to be paid at the time of request and will not be processed until payment is made.

Visa and MasterCard are accepted.

Cost for additional transcripts ordered at the same time:   $3.00 per transcript.
Accept telephone requests for transcripts:   No.
Accept faxed transcript request:   Yes, use the form or include the information listed above.
Accept email/Internet request:   No.
Issue official transcript to student:   Yes.
Fax transcripts:   Yes, faxed transcripts are considered special handling and the special handling fee will be assessed
Send fax cover sheet with AACRAO recommended components:   Yes.
Follow-up of faxed transcripts with paper copy:   Yes.
Accept faxed transcripts as official transcripts:   Yes, from MACRAO members only.
Accept hand delivered transcripts:   Yes, if it is in a sealed envelope from the institution and has the official seal on it.
Send EDI transcripts:   No.
Accept EDI transcripts:   Yes. Only from National Student Clearinghouse or from Parchment.