Marketing: Technical Sales and Service Minor
Understand Marketing Principles to Build on Your Business Skills.
The marketing program at Montana State University-Northern will prepare you for an exciting career in print, online and social media outlets. This minor gives you a broad background in personal selling, customer service and advertising/promotion.
- With a marketing emphasis at MSU-N, you will be well prepared for marketing, sales and customer service in a variety of industries.
- Gain a competitive edge in the sales and services industries both in Montana and outside of Montana through marketing training at MSU-N.
Marketing Program Minor:
- Gain valuable sales tactics to successfully initiate and close sales through the MSU-Northern marketing program.
- Learn the latest trends from a variety of marketing classes.
- Powerfully pair your MSU-N business major with the marketing minor.
Marketing Faculty: Creative Instructors. Student-centered.
- Personalized instruction and small class sizes allow marketing emphasis based on the student's individual needs.
- Interact with instructors in the marketing program who have years of experience in sales, advertising and promotion and are up-to-date with the latest marketing trends.
Marketing Classes: Practical Focus. Building Core Competencies.
Advertising/Promotion – MSU-N offers marketing training in a variety of advertising and promotion courses that will keep you up-to-date on current marketing trends.
Customer Service – Obtain the skills to deliver great customer service through several of the marketing classes at MSU-N.
Personal Selling – Gain valuable sales tactics that will prepare you to successfully close sales through MSU-Northern's hands-on learning approach.
Marketing Minor Career Outlook.
Students pairing their bachelor's degree with marketing training will graduate with a broad field of career choices. Students in the marketing program at MSU-N will be ready for entry level marketing, sales or customer service positions in many industries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the marketing field has an expected job growth of 10% through 2030.