Freshman and Transfer Admission Requirements
- International Application.
International Application for Admission must be submitted to MSU-Northern, Admissions Office, PO Box 7751, Havre, MT 59501. Deadline for application is July 1 for Fall Semester, November 1 for Spring Semester, and April 1 for Summer Semester. To obtain an international application call toll-free 1-800-662-6132, extension 3704.
- Application Fee.
A US$30 non-refundable fee is required. Checks or Money Orders must be made payable to Montana State University-Northern. If the applicant is admitted but does not register, the $30 application fee is valid for the subsequent twelve months.
- Statement of Financial Support.
A statement of financial support from a bank or financial institution regarding funds of a financial sponsor, the student or the parent. The statement must verify financial support available to the applicant in US Dollars based on current year cost of attendance budget, for each year of attendance. Contact the Admissions Office for current year cost of attendance budget for International students at 1-800-662-6132, extension 3704.
- English Language Proficiency.
An official TOEFL score report of 63 iBT or 475 PBT for undergraduate, 66 iBT or 500 for graduate admission. For more information contact TOEFL Services at http://ets.org/toefl
Successful completion of an English as a Second Language Program.
- Certificates of completion with official grades from other English language programs or institutes may be considered as satisfying the English language requirement. TOEFL scores or transcripts for ELS programs must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Services (ETS) or Language Institute attended to the Montana State University-Northern Admissions Office.
- Educational Credentials.
International students must meet the equivalent of out-of-state admission requirements for the appropriate category of freshman, transfer, or graduate student. Official/certified transcripts and marks are required from all secondary and college or university education completed.
- Freshmen must submit official secondary transcripts posting date of completion and must include an English translation. Certified true copies of original transcripts are acceptable.
- Transfer Students must request official transcripts from each international or U.S. post-secondary institution attended, directly from the institution(s) to MSU-Northern.
- All transcripts of academic work undertaken outside of the U.S. or in non-English speaking Canada must be submitted to World Education Services (WES) for evaluation of foreign educational credentials. For further information contact: World Education Services, PO Box 745, Old Chelsea Station, New York, NY 10113-0745 or visit http://www.wes.org.
- Immunization Records.
Non US Citizens must show a physician validated immunization records showing:
- Proof of two vaccinations against measles and one against rubella. Immunizations must have been given after 1967 and after the student's first birthday and must have been administered at least thirty days apart. Current immunizations must have been administered in the form of the MMR vaccine.
- Diphtheria-Tetanus (DT or Td),
- Skin testing for Tuberculosis that was completed within one year of the planned attendance date.
This evidence must be presented before a student is permitted to register.Top