A high school student may apply for admission to take regular University courses while concurrently enrolled in high school. High school students may be accepted for admission when academic ability and general maturity warrant acceptance. Such admission shall be based on providing educational opportunities not available in the high school setting.
To be Eligible for early admission, the application
- Must have completed their sophomore year in high school.
- Must have a minimum grade point average of a 3.00 and/or a 20 ACT composite score or 1440 SAT score or higher.
- Students attending non-accredited high schools must have taken the ACT and received a 20 composite score or 1440 SAT score or higher.
- Submit an application form or apply online. Applications may also be obtained by writing to the Admissions Office, Montana State University- Northern, Havre, MT 59501 or calling toll free 1-800-662-6132 or (406) 265-3704.
- A $30 non-refundable application fee and the completed admissions application should be returned to the Admissions Office. If the applicant is admitted but does not register, the $30 application fee is valid for the subsequent twelve months.
- Request that a current high school transcript be sent to the Admissions Office, Montana State University-Northern, Havre, MT 59501.
- A letter of recommendation from the high school principal or guidance counselor must be submitted.
- Submit a copy of ACT or SAT scores.
- Secure approval from the instructor and College Dean for each course in which enrollment is planned.
Students are limited to six credits per semester under this program.