My Electronic Award Letter
If you have received an email, postcard or information packet notifying you of your financial aid award, complete the following steps.
Follow these instructions to view your award letter and accept or deny your financial aid:
- Click here to go to the Banner website. (a new webpage will open)
- Select “Enter Secure Area” and Log in.
- Select the “Financial Aid Information” link or select the “Financial Aid” tab located at the top of the page.
- Select “My Award Letter”.
- Select the Aid Year you would like to view.
- You will then see a copy of your award letter. Located at the bottom left hand corner is the “Accept Awards On-line” link, which will take you to accept or decline your Financial Aid.
- Once you have completed accepting or denying your financial aid award letter, be sure to log off of your account and close the browser window (you will return here).
Loan Entrance Counseling
Before receiving a Federal Direct Stafford Loan, students must complete loan entrance counseling. This online session helps you understand your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower. The online session should take approximately 20 to 30 minutes to complete. After selecting the link below click “Sign In” on the left hand side of the webpage. Next select “Complete Entrance Counseling.
Note-All students, including transfer students, who plan to borrow Federal Direct Stafford Loans MUST complete a new loan entrance counseling.
Master Promissory Note
In order to borrow a Federal Direct Loan you must complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN). The MPN is a legally binding agreement to repay your loan to the U.S. Department of Education. It will take you approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete this requirement. After selecting the link below click “Sign In”, or if already signed in click “My Profile” on the left hand side of the webpage. Next select “Complete Master Promissory Note".
Note-All students, who have never taken out a Federal Direct Stafford Loan MUST complete a Master Promissory Note (MPN).