College of Technical Sciences
Diesel Technology: Equipment Management BS
In-depth Diesel Mechanic Training with Business and Management Focus
The Equipment Management Option for the Montana State University-Northern Diesel Technology Bachelor's Degree combines comprehensive diesel mechanic training with businesses classes so you can take your education into the management realm.
- Train at an auto diesel school that's recognized by industry leaders for its quality coursework.
- Go beyond diesel mechanic training and learn the skills you need to work in management-level positions.
- Make connections in the industry before you graduate through on-campus opportunities as well as internship and cooperative learning programs. .
Diesel Equipment Management Option: Prepare to lead.
- Benefit from the diesel mechanic training at MSU-N that works closely with the business school to provide you a complete education in diesel repair as well as business skills you can use in real life.
- Excel at MSU-Northern's auto diesel school and progress through each level, from an AAS degree to a BS degree, without losing credits or repeating courses.
- Transfer in to the Diesel Technology program easily from one of MSU-N's two-year partner schools.
Diesel Technology Faculty: Invested in Your Success.
- Get an industry insider perspective from dedicated faculty in the auto diesel school at MSU-Northern who communicate regularly with industry executives to keep the program as cutting-edge as possible.
- Be mentored by educators in the Diesel Technology program that work not only to fully train you but also to act as your advocate when it's time to transition to a career.
Diesel Equipment Management Option Courses: Repair Skills. Long-term Career Path.
Diesel Repair – Become a qualified diesel technician through the full spectrum of diesel mechanic training classes that include engines, systems, and diagnostics.
Business and Management – Complement your technical skills with a background in business when you take classes engineered to help you succeed in administrative positions.
Liberal Arts Included – Integrate communication and other fundamentals so you'll be fully prepared for day-to-day interaction with co-workers, customers and management.
Diesel Equipment Management Option Career Outlook.
A Bachelor's Degree in Diesel Technology with the Equipment Management Option from MSU-Northern prepares you for administrative-level positions in the diesel industry. Those can include service manager, shop foreman, district representative for a major corporation, or self-employed business owner. Regional and national demand for diesel techs with 4-year degrees is currently high, and the the combination of technician and business skills makes you a more versatile employee.
Office: Brockmann Center 210-O
Phone: (406) 265-4187
Steven Don - College Chair
Office: Brockmann Center 210-A
Phone: (406) 265-4185
Office: Brockmann Center 210-K
Phone: (406) 265-3797
Office: Brockmann Center 210-L
Phone: (406) 265-4158
Office: Brockmann Center 210-P
Phone: (406) 265-4127