College of Education, Arts & Sciences, and Nursing
Traffic Education Minor
Gain valuable classroom and behind-the-wheel experience to be a skilled driver's ed teacher
A minor in Traffic Education from Montana State University-Northern prepares you for endorsement as a driver's ed teacher. MSU-Northern is the only institution in Montana that offers a Traffic Education minor, and we are proud to provide thorough training for students who wish to become highly qualified driving instructors.
- Cover topics in traffic safety, motor vehicle law and enforcement, and First Aid/CPR.
- Get hands-on experience behind the wheel and in the classroom so you're equipped with the skills to be an effective traffic safety and driver's ed teacher.
- Gain up-to-date knowledge on driving instructor teaching practices and curriculum, including rural and highway driving, vehicle control, and risk management.
Traffic Safety and Driver's Education Minor: Work within your schedule.
- Take advantage of the Traffic Education program's flexibility; it's structured to be accessible to out-of-area students.
- Add a versatile skill set as a practicing teacher.
- Receive a provisional endorsement after 8 credits.
Traffic Education Minor Faculty: Practical Application Specialists.
- Complete requirements with professors who understand the day-to-day demands of a teaching career.
- Learn from educators with years of experience teaching driver's ed curriculum.
Traffic Safety and Education Minor Courses:
Focus on Safety - Build a safe driving foundation for all driver's education as the classes in the Traffic Education minor program highlight that.
Structured for Success - Earn another endorsement or expand your education within your existing schedule.
Career Outlook for Traffic Education Minor
Traffic safety and driver's ed teachers are in demand, so graduates of our program have ample career opportunities. To be a driving instructor in Montana's public schools, candidates must have an active educator's license and an acceptable driving record in addition to completing the necessary traffic education coursework.
Office: Cowan Hall 110C
Phone: (406) 265-4152