College of Arts, Sciences & Education
Traffic Education Minor
Gain Valuable Classroom and Behind-the-Wheel Experience to Become a Skilled Driver Education Teacher
MSU-Northern's minor in Traffic Education prepares you for endorsement as a driver education teacher. MSU-Northern is the only institution in Montana that offers a Traffic Education minor and is proud to provide thorough training for students who wish to become highly qualified driving instructors.
- Cover topics in traffic safety, motor vehicle law, and First Aid/CPR.
- Get hands-on experience behind-the-wheel and in the classroom so you're equipped with the skills to be an effective traffic safety and driver ed teacher.
- Gain up-to-date knowledge on driving instructor teaching practices and curriculum, including rural and highway driving, vehicle control, and risk management.
Traffic Education Minor: Work Within Your Schedule.
- Take advantage of the Traffic Education Program's flexibility; it's structured to be accessible to out-of-area students.
- Add a versatile skill set as a practicing teacher.
- Receive initial approval after the completion of 8 credits to begin teaching traffic education.
Traffic Education Minor Faculty: Practical Application Specialists.
- Complete requirements with instructors who understand the day-to-day demands of a teaching career.
- Learn from educators with years of experience teaching driver ed curriculum.
Traffic Education Minor Courses:
Focus on Safety - Build a safe driving foundation for all driver education as the courses in the Traffic Education Program highlight this mission.
Structured for Success - Earn another endorsement or expand your education within your existing schedule.
Career Outlook for Traffic Education Teachers
Traffic safety and driver ed teachers are in demand, so graduates of our program have ample career opportunities. To be a driving instructor in Montana's public schools, candidates must have an active educator's license and an acceptable driving record in addition to completing the necessary traffic education coursework.