Student Clubs & Organizations
The following clubs and organizations are registered with the student government and are authorized to use the school name and facilities and can request money during the annual budgeting process. New clubs are always welcome. Please contact Student Senate for more information at ASMSUNpres@msun.edu.
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) AAUW has been empowering women as individuals and as a community since 1881. For more than 130 years, we have worked together as a national grassroots organization to improve the lives of millions of women and their families.
- Business Professionals of America (BPA): An international non-profit organization that brings together student, academic and business leaders who are committed to using the power of entrepreneurial action to improve the quality of life and standard of living for people in need. Find out more on our Facebook page
- ChiAlpha: A non-denominational Christian club. The focus of the group is on Christian fellowship and the Christian viewpoint in topics of interest.
- Civil Engineering Technology (CET): A club for MSU-Northern students majoring or interested in Civil Engineering Technology. Encouraging students and inviting them to form a life-long affiliation with ASCE, as well as engaging students and preparing the next generation of civil engineers to ensure the future of the Society and the profession. It supports and fosters the development of undergraduate college students as they prepare to enter the civil engineering technology profession.
- Collegiate Stockgrowers: is a committee within the Montana Stockgrowers Association (MSGA) designed to develop collegiate students into tomorrow’s leaders. It provides students with the opportunity to learn more about legislative process and to have a voice in their industry. Collegiate Stockgrowers serves as an avenue for collegiate members with an interest in agriculture to express their concerns in an effort to assist in the development of MSGA policy. With programs that directly affect the ranching community of the next generation and significant networking opportunities, Collegiate Stockgrowers provides the chance for tomorrow’s leaders to be involved today. Email us or call 406.265.3708
- Healthy Living Advocates (HLA)
- KNMC: Supports activities of the radio station on campus.
- National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS) The National Society of Leadership and Success is the nation's largest leadership
honor society. Students are selected by their college for membership based on either
academic standing or leadership potential. The NSLS currently has over a million members
nationwide. MSU-Northern first established their NSLS Chapter in 2018.
The NSLS is an organization that helps MSU-Northern students discover and achieve their goals. The NSLS offers life-changing lectures from the nation's leading presenters and a community where like-minded, success-oriented individuals come together and help one another succeed. The NSLS also serves as a powerful force of good in the greater community by encouraging and organizing action to better the world.
- Northern Celestial Club (NCC) The mission of the Northern Celestial Association is to provide Northern students, and the Havre community, an opportunity to view and appreciate the night sky.
- Nursing Club: Organizes and oversees nursing club activities and events. Also offers nursing students an opportunity to gather and exchange ideas.
- Post-secondary Ag Students (PAS): is a club for those interested in agriculture and natural resources. The PAS Club
is affiliated with the National Postsecondary Agricultural Student Organization. The
PAS organization aspires to be the premier leadership and career development organization
serving college agriculture students. The PAS motto is "Uniting Education and Industry
in Agriculture". PAS was founded in the March of 1980 and includes 1400 members from
62 chapters located in 18 states. PAS helps students attain a set of strong values
including: individual leadership abilities, intellectual growth, technical competency,
strong personal ethics, lifelong learning, diversity and education and industry partnerships.
Northern's PAS club is involved in promoting agriculture, assisting with campus events and fund raising to attend the national conference. The club owns a few cattle and have a PAS brand registered in Montana. The main focus of the club is to foster leadership development for students pursuing a career in agriculture. The club is active in community events and community service projects. Members also study and prepare for national leadership and knowledge competitions held in the spring of every year.
Find our more on on our Facebook page .
- Rodeo Club: For anyone interested in organizing and working a rodeo and participating in activities to support the club and the team.
- Student Education Association (MSU–Northern SEA): To inform students regarding educational matters and provides personal and professional growth to its members.
- Residence Hall Association (RHA):Is a student organization made up of students who live on campus. Meetings are held weekly to discuss and vote on issues which affect the quality of life for students residing in residence halls. Anyone is welcome to attend the meeting.
- SkillsUSA: Develops leadership abilities through participation in educational, vocational, civic, recreational, and social activities.
- Student Family Association (SFA): A student organization made up of families and individuals that live in the Student Family Housing units on campus. The goal of the association is to provide the best possible living arrangements for those students living on campus.
- Sweetgrass Society: Assists Native American students in their adjustment to college life, promotes better scholarship through group encouragement and supervision, and encourages other students to attend college.