Box: Getting Started
- Go to https://montana.box.com
- Click the Continue button on this screen:
- Log in with your NetID and password:
Box integrates with other tools such as Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, Outlook). Use one of the Office Box Applications for secure, supported integration. Check out the list and download these tools here: https://montana.app.box.com/services/browse/official
When a Box App is installed, you will be required to "authorize" access for the App.
- When prompted, click on the Use Single Sign On (SSO) link on the "Log in to grant access to Box" page:
- Input your @msun.edu email address in the email field and click the Authorize button:
Box has apps for many mobile devices, such as Android tablets and phones and iOS devices. You can also use box.com's mobile site.
To install and use Box mobile apps:
- Search for and install the Box App from the iTunes, Google Play or Windows Phone Store.
- Once installed, open the app and swipe left until you see the screen with the Log In and Sign Up buttons.
- Tap the Log In button.
- Click on the Use Single Sign On link located below the Log In button:
- On the next screen, enter your msun.edu email address and tap Log In.
- On the MSU Web Login page, enter your NetID and password.
Box supports real time document co-authoring through Office Online. Some highlights about this feature:
- There is no need to convert a Microsoft Office document before working on it together (only Microsoft Office documents will work for this feature)
- The names of individuals editing a document appear in the upper right corner of browser when you open the document in Office Online
- Editor's cursors appear in a unique color with their name to show where each person is editing the document
- All edits are automatically saved
Watch this video for a brief outline about co-authoring in Box with Office Online
Box Sync is a productivity tool that allows you to mirror data stored on Box to your desktop. You can then navigate and modify content stored on the Box website through your computer’s native file browsing interface, without using a web browser. Content that syncs down to your computer are available for offline access. If you make changes to the synced files locally, these changes automatically sync back up to your Box account.
- Download the Box Sync application: https://montana.app.box.com/services/browse/official
- Install the Program
- Open the Program "Box Sync"
- Click on "Use Single Sign On (SSO)"
- Enter your msun.edu email address and click "login"
- Enter your NetID and NetID associated password
- Make sure that the slider for synced is "On"
To select a Box folder to Sync to your local drive:
- Log into Box
- Right click on the folder you'd like to sync to your computer.
- Select Sync to Computer.
- Click the Sync Folder button to begin syncing to your computer.
Access synced folders by navigating to the "Box Sync" folder on your computer.