Effective: March 1, 2001
Revised: April 2016
Review Date: April 2018
Responsible Party: Vice Chancellor for Finance & Administration
The Radio Broadcast Station License is under the name of Northern Montana College. In order to effectively manage and plan for current and future assessments, this Radio Station Committee is formed.
A committee, hereafter called the KNMC Radio Committee, will develop policies and oversee the general operations of any stations affiliated with MSU-N campus. This Committee:
- Shall recommend policy changes for approval;
- Shall report annually (by May 1) to the Chancellor concerning the operations of the station;
- Shall meet at least quarterly;
- Shall distribute minutes to the campus for review and information.
This committee will be comprised of at least:
- Two faculty members
- Two administrators (one of the administrators will be the Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- Two students
- One off-campus community member
The students will be selected by ASMSUN; the balance of the members will be selected by the Chancellor of MSU-Northern from recommendations provided by the CIO. The officers of the Committee shall be a chairman, vice-chairman, and a secretary, all of whom shall be elected annually at the first fall semester meeting.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop policy. In the case of KNMC, the Committee is charged with responsibility for developing appropriate programming policies, personnel policies, budgetary policies, recommending curriculum affiliation policies, standards, licensing authority.
- The Committee is responsible for the hiring of a station manager
- Review on a quarterly basis any financial transactions of the station.