It is the mission of the Biology Program to 1) engage students that seek a wide variety of professional careers founded in the biological sciences, 2) expand an understanding of biology for students outside the field, and 3) provide learning and research experience that increase every student's ability to know the natural world.
Take the First Step to a Career in Healthcare or Science
A biology degree from Montana State University-Northern provides a strong foundation in biological principles with an emphasis on molecular biology and biochemistry. The biology program offers a comprehensive undergraduate experience that will prepare you for graduate school or a career in the health sciences.
- Earn a bachelor's in biology degree or biology minor (with teaching or non-teaching option) for a thorough education that includes laboratory and classroom coursework.
- Gain hands-on research experience with the biology program's expert faculty.
- Choose from a wide array of specialized classes in the biology degree that include topics in anatomy, botany, ornithology and freshwater ecology.
Bachelor's in Biology: Advanced Scientific Practice.
- Learn the fundamentals of biological sciences and the research skills to continue in graduate studies.
- Work with cutting-edge technology and cover advanced scientific theory with MSU-N's bachelor's in biology.
- Explore various areas of science in addition to a wide range of in-depth biology courses to develop a foundation for a healthcare or science career.