If accepted into MSU-Northern’s ASN or RN-BSN Nursing Program the following is required:
- A copy of a government issued photo identification document (driver licenses, passport, etc.);
- Health Insurance;
- A physical examination verifying: Nursing Students Functional Expectations as specified in the MSU-Northern Nursing Student Handbook;
- A current CPR certification, Health Care Provider or Professional version;
- A TB Skin test. Tuberculosis Policy: All Nursing Students are screened annually, for tuberculosis. Initially a two-step tuberculin skin test (TST) will be used to provide a baseline;
- MMR immunization. MMR Policy: Have immunizations that are current for, or have documented proof of immunity to, Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR);
- Current Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (Tdap) vaccination, according to the Center for Disease Control guidelines;
- Hepatitis B vaccination series or proof of immunity;
- Professional liability insurance is provided by MSU-Northern through student program fees;
- Federal fingerprint/background check. Fingerprints can be obtained from the Sheriff’s Office and background checks are obtained through the State of Montana Department of Justice. The cost of the background check will be the student’s responsibility.
Note: Forms for Fingerprint and Background Check and Physical Examination are available online and from the Department of Nursing, Cowan Hall #309.