College of Technical Sciences
Set Your Own Career Path in an Exciting Field.
A Business Administration degree from Montana State University-Northern will prepare you with a foundation of business practices and theories that will train you for successful leadership roles. This course will provide you with a broad and diverse skill set with the flexibility to pursue your individual interests.
- Prepare for supervisory roles in a variety of exciting and challenging careers with a Bachelor's in Business Administration.
- Take classes in the Business Administration program that will provide you with the necessary skills to specialize in a specific field such as entrepreneurship/small business, international business or general business.
- All of the business programs are offered on campus and online. Students can earn a business program degree either on campus or online.
Bachelor's in Business Administration: Extensive Training. Long-lasting Lessons.
- Choose from a number of MSU-Northern business degree options; pursue a full bachelor's degree, start your career with an associate's degree, or pair a business administration minor with another four-year university degree.
- The Business Administration program requires a minor.
- Begin building a career in business with the fundamental knowledge and skills through MSU-N.
Business Administration Faculty: Professional Educators. Creative Instruction.
- Understand real-life application of business principles from Business Administration program professors who have experience ranging from profit and not-for-profit organizations to private sector and public sector businesses.
- Learn from instructors who will prepare you for the frequently changing business world.
Business Administration Courses: Inspiring Critical Thinking. Developing Leaders.
Statistics and Numbers – A Business Administration degree from MSU-N lays the foundation of financial and managerial accounting while challenging students with business statistics and research.
Management and Ethics – Refine your leadership skills while practicing business administration ethics.
Contemporary Issues – Graduate from MSU-Northern with both a portfolio of knowledge and sharpened problem solving and decision-making skills that will prepare you for on-the-job situations.
Business Administration Career Outlook.
MSU-Northern graduates with a Bachelor's in Business Administration have gone on to work for Top Fortune 500 companies such as Target, U.S. Bank and General Motors along with careers in accounting and consultant firms and universities and colleges. The demand for management positions is high and our placement for graduates from the Business Administration program, MSU-N also ranks high.
|Sampling of Employers of
MSU-Northern Business Graduates
|Fortune 500 Companies
(Store Managers and
Human Resource Managers)
(Sales, Customer Service)
Burlington Northern Santa Fe
(civilian Contract Specialist)
(Financial Advisors, Brokers)
Accounting and Consulting firms
(Accountants, Tax Advisors)
Agriculture loan officers)
|"I am very pleased with my experience at Northern and would do it all over if I had
to make that important decision once again. The best part of it all was that I didn't
have to move away to further my education in business!"
|"When I first came to Northern, I wasn't sure what I wanted to do so I started out
in generals and tried a lot of different classes. I tried a business class and really
liked it. The Business teachers have been the best, they learn your name and get to
know you. Plus they are all very approachable if you have questions or need extra
help. I like the small campus and think that it's really neat that these professors
|"My experience at MSU-Northern not only led me into an exciting, long term career,
it also ensured I was well prepared. The up-to-date knowledge and personal experience
of the professors, as well as their commitment to our success, ensured that I was
able to be competitive in a national professional career field. I am currently a civilian
Supervisory Contracting Officer with the Department of the Navy, am responsible for
multi-million dollar contracts, and have the opportunity to work just about anywhere
in the country, or overseas. I am grateful not only for my education, but for the
opportunities that I have been provided, due in large part to the Business Department
Supervisory Contracting Officer
Department of the Navy
Phone: (406) 265-4136
Phone: (406) 771-4429
Phone: (406) 265-4154
Jay HowlandOffice: Electronics Building 216
Phone: (406) 265-4186
Phone: (406) 265-4165
Phone: (406) 265-4175