Enhance Your Business Skills with an Accounting Minor
The accounting program at Montana State University-Northern will help you make the most of your four-year degree. An accounting minor fits well with a business-oriented major but is also a practical fit with agriculture and diesel degree programs.
- Broaden your employment potential: Prepare for all aspects of business management with an accounting minor from MSU-N.
- Gain a thorough education with accounting program courses that focus on practical business application.
Accounting Minor: Sharpen Your Mind.
- MSU-Northern's college accounting classes teach you the skills you need the handle day-to-day fiscal management.
- Combine your interest in small business accounting by adding the accounting minor to your bachelor's degree.
- Emphasize accounting and qualify for jobs in the public and private sector, including accounting firms, banks, and large and small businesses.
Accounting Faculty: Real-world Experience. Invested Instructors.
- Take college accounting classes from MSU-N instructors who combine theoretical material with years of practical experience in the field.
- Learn in a student-focused environment that features small class sizes and engaged instructors.
Accounting Courses: Focused. Practical.
Accounting Principles – Build a solid understanding of theory by taking the accounting emphasis courses that start with the principles of financial and managerial and accounting.
Accounting and Technology – Integrate computers and software which is an integral part of many jobs, and the accounting program at MSU-N ensures you are familiar with the technology in the field.
Finance and Law – Go beyond balance sheets with the accounting minor at MSU-Northern which covers business law and finance principles.
Accounting Emphasis Career Outlook.
An accounting background is useful for many career paths. Most obvious are jobs directly related to accounting and finance. However, people in many other careers and in a variety of settings--corporate, small business, or not-for-profit organizations--find an accounting emphasis useful. For students who intend to become a Certified Public Accountant, a five year degree is required. The MSU-N accounting minor allows students to transition seamlessly into a Masters in Accountancy Program to fulfill that requirement and refine their accounting skills.
Academic Map & Related Links
- Accounting Minor
- Catalogs & Schedules
- Apply Online
- Request More Information
- Request a Tour
- Admissions Information