302 Commencement Committee
Section 300: Committee Composition
Effective: March 2011
Revised: October 2015
Review Date: October 2017
Responsible Party: Registrar
The Montana State University-Northern Commencement Committee is charged to plan, implement, and evaluate the annual Spring commencement exercises.
The Committee will:
- Meet at least monthly during the Spring semester to plan, evaluate progress, and consider recommendations.
- Perform all functions necessary to ensure a positive commencement ceremony for faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community members.
- Make recommendations to the Chancellor of any substantive changes to the commencement ceremony.
The Commencement Committee will consist of:
- Director of Alumni Relations
- Director of Facilities
- Executive Assistant to the Chancellor
- Director of University Relations
- Director of Food Services
- Director of the Bookstore
- Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
- A student representative to be appointed by the Chancellor
- Two faculty representatives - one from each college to be appointed by Dean of each college
- The Faculty Marshal