College of Arts, Sciences & Education
Social Science (5-12) Program
Educating Our Next Generation on Global, National and Social Issues
The Montana State University-Northern secondary education social science degree will prepare you for a rewarding career teaching students grades 5-12.
- Integrate contemporary and historical social issues on a global and national level..
- Develop teaching skills necessary to join the education field and find a social science job after college.
Secondary Education Degree, Social Science 5-12: American Ideals. Cultural Heritage.
- Learn how to plan, prepare and integrate political and economic systems into lesson plans at MSU-Northern.
- Sharpen your skills in historical, cultural and political issues that influence the development of world regions with a social science education degree.
Social Science Education Faculty: Inspiring leaders. Teaching Excellence.
- Be mentored by faculty in social science education degree program that has years of education and research.
- Work alongside faculty that will guide you through the process of obtaining social science teacher jobs.
Social Science Teaching Degree Classes: Diverse. Worldly.
American History and Western Civilization – Focus on the historical context of our founding nation and how it has helped shape other civilizations around the globe.
Methods of Teaching History and Social Science – Participate in hands-on learning and teaching experiences in and out of the classroom.
International Relations – Engage students in social and political issues happening around the world.
Secondary Education Social Science Teacher Career Outlook
Graduates of the Montana State University-Northern Science Teacher Education Programs will be eligible for a recommendation for a Standard Class II Educator License. Between now and 2024, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an expected growth in the field that is above average compared to other professions.
Social Science Advisor
Office: Cowan Hall 104 F
Phone: (406) 265-3757