MSU-Northern is committed to maximizing the academic potential of our students and empowering them to build the skills, confidence and autonomy to succeed in reaching their academic goals.
Need a tutor? Get the boost you need to achieve academic success!
Sign up for a session by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, stopping by Student Support Services or the Little River Institute today, or click below to schedule a tutoring session available online or face-to-face!
Tutoring Central offers the following resources as a means to provide support for all MSU-Northern Students:
- Professional Math + Writing tutors are embedded in certain math and writing courses, students can connect with professional tutors through Tutoring Central or through their course in Brightspace.
- Face-to-face tutoring is available in Student Support Services (Cowan Hall 211) or the Little River Institute (upstairs of the Student Union Building) by making an appointment in advance through Accudemia. Click the "Schedule a Tutor" button above to make your appointment!
- Walk-Ins are welcome and will be connected with a tutor when one is available.
*Tutoring sessions can also be moved to the Library as needed.
- Virtual tutoring will be made available by making an appointment in advance through Accudemia. Click the "Schedule a Tutor" button above to make your appointment! Tutoring sessions themselves will be conducted primarily through Zoom*
- Virtual Walk-In tutoring sessions will be offered primarily through Zoom*
*Tutors will determine if another platform needs to be utilized for virtual tutoring sessions.
- Tutoring Central can also accommodate group tutoring sessions within a center (SSS + LRI) or virtually if requested.
Tutoring Central at MSU-Northern, under the Office of the Provost, is a collaborative effort of TRiO/Student Support Services, the Little River Institute, the Math Lab as well as faculty to provide MSU-Northern students access to experienced tutors in a wide range of disciplines. Tutoring Central includes professional tutors and student tutors approved by faculty. If you have a request for tutoring, please e-mail email@example.com and you will be placed with a tutor who specializes in your requested subject area.
Tutoring Central is under the direction of the MSU-Northern Tutoring Oversight Committee.
For questions regarding Tutoring Central or if you would like to apply to be a student peer tutor, please contact the MSU-N Tutoring Oversight Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.