305.2 Technology Council
Section 300: Committee Composition
Effective: November 1, 2000
Revised: October 2016
Review Date: October 2018
Responsible Party: Chief Information Officer
The Montana State University-Northern Technology Council’s membership consists of one at least:
- one faculty representative from each college (at least one of these representatives should be from the Academic Senate Instructional Technology subcommittee),
- one student,
- one classified staff,
- one classified exempt staff,
- one representative from each of the following offices:
- Extended University,
- Business Services,
- Provost, and
- Chief Information Officer (CIO)
- To provide recommendations and guidance to the Chief Information Officer (CIO) on matters that relate to administrative and instructional technologies.
- Assist the CIO in developing Information Technology (IT) strategic plans that guide the direction, focus, mission alignment, investments, initiatives and accountability of MSU-Northern's IT program supporting academic and business priorities and to maximize the IT value to MSUN programs, partners, stakeholders and students.
- To encourage and guide the campus in creating a technology enhanced environment that effectively serves students, faculty, staff and administration.
- Conduct quarterly, or as needed, meetings that address campus information technology topics and concerns.
- Keep the campus community informed about current and planned information technology resources.
- Regularly provide input and advice to the Chancellor and CIO.
- Create and disseminate short- and long-term campus technology plans.
- Solicit input from students, faculty and staff on campus technology issues.
- Support Information Technology Services (ITS) with its annual review and inventory of campus technology resources.
- Review technology currently in use and determine life-cycle status (keep, upgrade, replace or remove).
- Review new and emerging technology applications that may serve the campus.
- Recommend membership structure of the Computer Fee Advisory Committee to the Chancellor and CIO.