Applied Science, BAS
The MSU-Northern Applied Science BAS is committed to the discovery of knowledge about social, cultural, and historical issues that shaped the past and influence students' future academic, personal, and professional lives.
Further Your Education and Expand Your Career Options
The Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) degree from Montana State University-Northern is designed for students who have already earned an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree from a regionally accredited institution, and would like to use that degree as a first step toward earning a baccalaureate degree.
- Take your Associate of Applied Science degree up to the next level with a Bachelor of Applied Science degree from MSU-N.
- Build on courses and the specialized study already completed in your AAS degree.
- Create more job opportunity or career development for yourself by completing a four-year college degree.
Learning Outcomes for Applied Science, BAS
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral communication.
- Demonstrate effective written communication.
- Interpret everyday life problems through mathematical or logical representations.
- Demonstrate and understanding of the scientific method and its applications.
- Effectively use technology.
- Describe how and individual's behavior is related to physical, environmental and/or cognitive factors.
- Describe events from multiple perspectives, evaluate historical context and evidence, to make judgments based on evidence.
- Analyze creative work, and study and experience how thought, emotion, and meaning are expressed through the creative arts.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and appreciation for artistic creativity.
Bachelor of Applied Science: Extended Training. Flexible Curriculum.
- Choose from applied sciences jobs in a variety of career fields, including business, technology, and a number of technician programs.
- Make the most of the flexibility afforded by the applied science program at MSU-Northern and select the program of study that best suits your needs.
Applied Science Faculty: Practical Knowledge. Dedicated Student Advocates.
- Work closely with faculty who prioritize long-term student development in the applied science program.
- Complete your BAS degree under the guidance of educators with years of experience in real-world application of college studies.
Bachelor of Applied Science Classes: Career-ready.
General Education Core – Build on the core education subjects you started in your AAS with additional classes in communication, math, science, and humanities as part of your Bachelor of Applied Science degree.
Program of Study – Advance the skills you developed in your AAS by choosing that program of study and completing 30 credits in courses that fit with that program.
Upper Level Credits – Earn your BAS by completing at least 39 credits in 300-400 level classes.
Bachelor of Applied Science Career Outlook
Depending on the specific program of study you choose to pursue for your Bachelor of Applied Science degree, employment statistics vary. Regardless of the field, employers are increasingly looking for college graduates with comprehensive training in technology and communications. In addition, the BAS program at MSU-Northern gives you the flexibility to design your own degree, with support from an advisor. You can prepare yourself for advancement in your current career field or pursue something new.