College of Arts, Sciences & Education
Applied Science Degree
Further Your Education and Expand Your Career Options
The Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) degree from Montana State University-Northern is designed for students who have already earned an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree from a regionally accredited institution, and would like to use that degree as a first step toward earning a baccalaureate degree.
- Take your Associate of Applied Science degree up to the next level with a Bachelor of Applied Science degree from MSU-N.
- Build on courses and the specialized study already completed in your AAS degree.
- Create more job opportunity or career development for yourself by completing a four-year college degree.
Bachelor of Applied Science: Extended Training. Flexible Curriculum.
- Choose from applied sciences jobs in a variety of career fields, including business, technology, and a number of technician programs.
- Make the most of the flexibility afforded by the applied science program at MSU-Northern and select the program of study that best suits your needs.
Applied Science Faculty: Practical Knowledge. Dedicated Student Advocates.
- Work closely with faculty who prioritize long-term student development in the applied science program.
- Complete your BAS degree under the guidance of educators with years of experience in real-world application of college studies.
Bachelor of Applied Science Classes: Career-ready.
General Education Core – Build on the core education subjects you started in your AAS with additional classes in communication, math, science, and humanities as part of your Bachelor of Applied Science degree.
Program of Study – Advance the skills you developed in your AAS by choosing that program of study and completing 30 credits in courses that fit with that program.
Upper Level Credits – Earn your BAS by completing at least 39 credits in 300-400 level classes.