Student Health Services
MSU-Northern Student Health Service provides a wide range of services. The primary focus of the Center is prevention and health promotion, although limited out-patient type services are also available.
Examples of services offered:
- Health assessment
- Physical exams
- Student Health Insurance Information
- Wellness blood chemistry screenings
- Basic screening tests including blood pressure, blood sugar, hemoglobin, urinalysis, strep screening, TB skin tests, pregnancy testing, Pap smears, etc.
- Anonymous AIDS counseling and testing. Condom distribution.
- Health information and counseling regarding risk assessment and risk reduction.
- Referral to other campus and community agencies.
The Center operates under the direction of Sherry Kegel, RN. Ms Kegel is assisted by local physicians, psychologists, the Hill County Health Department, Hill County Family Planning and MSU-Northern Student Affairs staff. The Director is advised by the Student Health Service Advisory Board comprised of faculty, staff, students and community health professionals. The Center employs two Physician Assistants with prescriptive privileges three hours a week.
Student Union Building (SUB) 228
All students enrolled in six or more credits are eligible to use the services of the Center. Eligibility is not affected by enrollment in the Student Health Insurance plan.
MSU-Northern is a member of the American College Health Association and follows the policies and operating procedures recommended by the association.
For more information, contact:
MSU-Northern Student Health
P.O. Box 7751
Havre, MT 59501