- MSU-Northern's automotive technician school is certified by the NATEF (National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation).
- Completing a degree at an accelerated pace means you can get your degree and start working fast.
- Benefit from flexible housing options where students in the MSU-N Automotive Technology Fast Track program are eligible to live on-campus and opt into the meal plan.
AAS in Automotive Technology: Quality Training. Reduced Time Commitment.
- Prepare to successfully pass as many as eight Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification tests.
- Participate in industry sponsored automotive technician school programs such as Toyota T-Ten and Ford Maintenance and Light Repair (MLR).
- Learn how to work in repair shops through cooperative education and gain valuable, on-the-job experience.
- Take advantage of many benefits as an MSU-Northern Fast Track student and receive 50% discount packages from Snap-On and Mac Tools.
Fast Track Automotive Technology Faculty: Classroom Leaders. Student-centered.
- Work alongside MSU-Northern's automotive technician school faculty that will prepare you for successfully passing important industry certification tests.
- Benefit from comparatively smaller classes where invested professors provide one-on-one mentorship.
- Learn from the automotive technician training program faculty that have decades of experience learning about and teaching the technology in the field.
- Engage in an active career center that helps you find employment between semesters and after graduation.
Fast Track Automotive Technology Courses: Streamlined. Immersive.
Beyond Automotive Technician Training – General education instruction is embedded in coursework so you get a well-rounded education in a reduced timeframe.
Comprehensive Auto Education – Standard, hybrid, and diesel systems are all covered from diagnostics and tune-ups to in-depth electronic, heating and air conditioning, braking, powertrain, steering, suspension, and engines.
Customizable Degree – Choose what you want to add to your degree with six elective credits.
Fast Track Automotive Technology Career Outlook
The 12-month automotive technician training program at MSU-Northern that results in an AAS degree prepares students for auto technician positions in repair shops and dealerships. Involved faculty, a helpful career center, and a proven placement record combine to help automotive technician school graduates find desirable employment quickly.