Media & Reprographics
Policies & Procedures
Equipment is available to checkout on a short-term loan basis from MRC to support classroom presentations and other academic-related needs.
Policies relating to equipment available for short-term loan:
- MRC requests advance notice of at least 24 hours for equipment deliveries.
- Equipment is for short-term use - generally for 2 or 3 hours, sometimes for one or two days. Longer term loans will be considered only with adequate justification.
- Equipment is for use on campus. It is not to be taken off campus without specific permission for each loan.
- Computer projection equipment checkout is limited to half day increments due to heavy use.
- If you are a student and are picking up equipment from MRC (CH 117), you must provide a valid student ID on request and provide a current telephone contact number.
- Be sure equipment you return is checked in. Don't just drop it off.
- Borrowers are financially responsible for damage to, or loss of, equipment or components.
- Borrowing privileges may be suspended or terminated if equipment is not returned on time or without cables, manuals, or other components.
- Encumbrances may be imposed for lost or missing items.
- Software should not be installed on portable computers without permission. If you receive permission to install software, be sure to uninstall it before you return the portable.
- Do not uninstall or delete software applications from portable computers without permission. The next borrower could be depending on it.
- Some equipment may be assigned for use to certain projects or classes such as field camps during certain times of the year.
To reserve equipment:
- Come by the office (Cowan Hall 117) -or- call 3702 -or- send an e-mail to its-media. Do not assume that a request represents a reservation! You should receive a verbal or (preferably) e-mail confirmation of your reservation.
- If several presentations are going to occur in the same class, the instructor should make the reservation and indicate the class. If the instructor is not going to pick up or return the equipment, the name of the responsible student should be provided with the reservation.
If the equipment fails or a problem develops:
- Always have a backup plan! Equipment does fail. If the previous borrower doesn't return it complete, or on time, it may not be available for you. We sometimes have spares available but other times can be booked solid or have other problems. While we do our best, we cannot guarantee the availability of equipment.
- Although you are always welcome to ask us for help or assistance, staff generally do not have time to work with borrowers on short notice.
View Equipment Listing
Top of page
Return to Media & Reprographics