810.1 Follow-up on Accounts Receivable
Effective: May 1, 1984
Revised: October 1, 2007
Review Date: October 1, 2009
Responsible Party: Vice Chancellor for Finance, Administration & Student Affairs
To provide consistency and prevent duplicate billing, departments with receivables will perform the following general procedures.
- Any department having, or anticipating, a receivable for goods or services will attempt to obtain the following information and the signature of party involved.
Name of person and/or business they represent
Student ID # or Social Security Number (when charging for an individual)
- Within 30 days after the Date Due a contact will be made either by phone or mail and such contact documented.
- Within 60 days of Due Date a second contact will be made and documented if the account is over $25. Accounts under $25 should be forwarded to Business Services at this time.
- If collection has not been made within 90 days, the documentation of the original charge and of the contacts made will be turned over to Business Services. No further contacts will be made by the department.
- Business Services will pursue collection.