701.1 Classified Employees: Leave During Closure of Campus for Emergency Reasons
Section 700: Non-Academic Personnel
Effective: July 1980
Revised: October 2015
Review Date: October 2017
Responsible Party: Chancellor
The following rules and procedures shall apply to Classified Employees of Montana State University-Northern on leave during close down of the campus for emergency reasons.
Employees who do not work during the time of campus close down.
- The time will be considered emergency leave.
- The time away from the campus during close down for emergency reasons shall not be charged against any employee's accumulated leave time.
Employees who are required to provide essential services.
- Certain employees may be asked to work during campus close down for emergency reasons in order to provide services essential to continued operation and security of the campus.
- Any employee required to work during time of campus close down for emergency reasons shall receive either alternate time off or additional pay at the employee's hourly rate.
Employees in leave status at the time of campus close down for emergency reasons.
- An employee in annual leave status at the time of campus close down for emergency reasons shall have that time charged to their annual leave.
- An employee in sick leave status on both the day preceding and in the day following the time of campus close down for emergency reasons shall have those days during time of campus close down charged to sick leave.
Official close-down time will commence and end by action of the Chancellor or his designee.