303 Assessment Committee
Section 300: Committee Composition
Effective: October 6, 2009
Revised: October, 2015
Review Date: October 2017
Responsible Party: Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
The Montana State University-Northern Assessment Committee is established as part of the campus wide assessment plan and to support assessment and accreditation efforts throughout the campus. In addition to regional accreditation through the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), the committee will serve as a resource for program specific and professional accreditation efforts throughout the campus.
The objectives of the MSUN Assessment Committee are to:
- Create and continually revise the campus-wide assessment plan;
- Provide a focal point for accreditation efforts both for regional accreditation and for specialized accreditations; and
- Coordinate campus accreditation activities.
The Committee will:
- Meet as needed during the regular academic year to evaluate progress and consider recommendations.
- Make recommendations to the Chancellor and Provost regarding internal and external accreditation activities and potential contracting with outside agencies to conduct assessments of campus-wide programs and activities.
- Identify and recommend to the Chancellor and Provost budget items directly related to assessment and accreditation.
- Make an annual report regarding assessment progress to the Chancellor and Provost and to the campus community.
The Assessment Committee will consist of the Provost, College Chairs, College Deans/Director and a representative from each academic college and primary support offices represented by the Core Leadership Committee.
College Chairs, Deans and Core Leadership members will recommend members to the Provost.