Apply to Northern Today!
Click the link below to be redirected to our application portal through ApplyMontana. This portal allows you to apply to any Montana University System campus, including our college, through one application process. You’ll create a free account and follow the steps. At the end, you’ll select MSU-Northern as your campus. The application fee will be waived for all Montana residents. All other applicants will be charged a $30.00 fee for each application submitted.
Please note, if you are a returning MSU-Northern student who has been out school for at least one semester or a student transferring from another Montana State University school, you can submit a free application through MyInfo.
Currently enrolled at any Montana State University System (MSU) school?
Through Seamless OneMSU, take courses at MSU, MSU Billings, MSU Northern and Great Falls College MSU. Seamless OneMSU makes multi-campus course enrollment easier. By using Seamless OneMSU students can:
- Transfer from one school to another (migrate to a new "home" school).
- Simultaneously attend multiple campuses by taking a course (likely online) at a "host school while remaining enrolled at the "home" school.
- Enroll as a Visitor at a "host" campus for a semester with the intent of returning "home" the following semester.
Transfer from a Montana University System (MUS) School
If you are transferring from a Montana college other than Montana State University, MSU Billings or Great Falls College MSU the process is simple.
- Ask the Registrar's office at your previous school for a Transmittal of your file to MSU-Northern.
- Pay $8 instead of the $30 application fee.
- All transcripts and application information are sent together.
- If you have not completed your final semester when you submit the transmittal, make sure to send a complete official transcript at the end of your final semester.
If you have any questions, please contact MSU-Northern Admissions at 406-265-3704 or email@example.com.