- General Botany
- Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Organic Chemistry
Learning Outcomes for Biology Major
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe cellular structure and function.
- Describe, discuss, and give examples of evidence supporting evolutionary theory.
- Recognize and explain abiotic and biotic ecosystem components and their interactions.
- Generate hypotheses, make predictions, design and conduct experiments.
- Demonstrate skills in general biology and molecular laboratory protocols.
- Develop skills in field sampling methods.
- Analyze, summarize, interpret and present experimental results.
- Design and conduct an undergraduate research project under faculty guidance.
- Prepare a manuscript citing peer-reviewed publications.
- Prepare and present an oral presentation of a scientific topic.
- Organize information gathered from several sources, including peer-reviewed.
- Synthesize and communicate material correctly.
- Critically extend or defend evidence-based conclusions.