MSU Native American Scholarships
MSUN STEM Alliance for the Minority Participation (AMP)
Native American Scholarship
This scholarship purpose is to increase the number of American Indians and other underrepresented minorities receiving a baccalaureate degree in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) disciplines.
1. Have at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA from College STEM field degree.
2. Be a fulltime student enrolled in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline. At MSU-N Northern, the degrees that qualify are:
|Associate of Applied Science Degree (AAS)||Bachelor of Science Degree|
|Agricultural Mechanics Technology||Civil Engineering Technology|
|*Computer Information Systems||*Computer Information Systems|
*Programs currently in moratorium, not accepting new students at this time. These programs may become available in the future.
3. If candidates are completing an AAS degree, they must submit a degree plan with a timeline for completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
4. Although it is open to all underrepresented minorities, students who are Native American are strongly urged to apply.
For details about this scholarship, visit http://www.anamp.org/
- Complete an ANLSAMP Scholar application form
- Official transcript of past semester
- 2 Letters of recommendation from faculty/staff
- Letter of acceptance stating declared STEM major or in the case of students completing an AAS degree, a degree plan with a timeline for completion of a Bachelor’s degree.
- A photograph “in action” in lab, field, or in the classroom.
The amount of the scholarship correlates with cumulative GPA
- For a cumulative GPA of 2.5 up to a 3.0 = $900 per student per academic year ($450 per semester).
- For a cumulative GPA of 3.0 up to a 3.5 = $1,500 per student per academic year ($750 per semester).
- For a cumulative GPA of 3.5 and above = $2,100 per student per academic year ($1,050 per semester).
If you qualify for this scholarship, contact the liaison to request an application: