Information Technology Services: Voice Mail Reference
Express Messaging lets you send a message without having to log onto your mailbox, compose and then send the message.
- Dial the Express Messaging access number
. "Express Messaging. To mailbox?"
- Enter the mailbox number of the person for whom you want to leave a message followed by . "(Name or mailbox number) Please leave a message after the tone."
Note: if you don't know a person's number, you can use Name Dialing.
- Leave your message after the prompt. Hang up when finished.
Transferring a Caller to Express Messaging
- Begin the call transfer and call the Express Messaging access number. "Express Messaging. To mailbox?"
- Enter the mailbox number of the person for whom the caller wants to leave a message, followed by . (This step is necessary if the caller does not have a touch tone phone)
- Complete the call transfer as quickly as possible so that the caller can hear the prompt and record a message.
Top of page
Return to Voice Mail Reference