Faculty & Staff employees will receive their User Name for network, email & MyPortal access after:
- completing their Human Resources paperwork and
- filling out an Account Application (available at the Help Desk in Cowan Hall 117B).
E-mail quotas for employees is 250MB. The largest individual email that you can send or receive is 20MB.
Please note: "Faculty & Staff" does NOT include student employees or graduate assistants.
If you would like your MyPortal mail to be forwarded to your regular Outlook mailbox you may do so by following these steps:
- Log onto the Portal, the click on the e-mail icon () that appears in the upper right hand side of the screen,
- Click on the Options tab,
- Then click on the Auto Forward link and enter your complete Northern email address (ex: email@example.com).
NOTE: If the message "Contact your system administrator for instructions on what steps to take." appears, your email is already being forwarded to your @msun.edu address.
You will be required to change your password the first time you logon to both the network and the portal.
To request voice mail set up, please email itstech.
Find out more about using voice mail.
If you need to have your Banner PIN reset, please contact the Human Resources Office.
If you need BannerINF access, you need to contact the office that controls the module you need access to.
For access to:
the Student Module contact the Registrar's Office
the Finance Module contact the Business Services Office
the Financial Aid Module contact the Financial Aid Office