LIBRARY MISSION STATEMENT
The Vande Bogart Library serves to enhance the quality of the academic
experience at MSU-N by supporting the teaching, learning and research activities
of faculty and students. To fulfill
this purpose the Library develops and maintains a relevant collection of print
and electronic resources, and provides information services.
The Library staff is dedicated to offering the highest level of service.
1) To provide information and instructional services to meet current and changing information needs for the diverse university community in support of teaching, learning, research, and service.
2) To assist students in developing the ability to effectively locate, access, and evaluate information in all formats to become independent life-long learners.
3) To employ state-of-the-art information technology that is integrated into all aspects of library services, collections, and operations.
4) To have a physical facility that provides quality space for the collections, for delivering information that enhances the ability of staff, students, and faculty to learn and research.
5) To recruit, develop and retain an excellent staff with the knowledge and skills required to successfully function in the changing information environment.
6) When possible, to outreach to the community to increase the visibility of the Library and the University.