How to Find Books, Videos, and Other Materials
To locate books, videos and other materials try the following sources:
Catalog--to locate materials owned by the 4 Montana State
University campus libraries and 5 additional libraries.
- Electronic and Print materials placed on Reserve in the MSUN Library by your professors.
Electronic materials can be accessed by all students, on and off campus, by
using the MSU-Northern Library Catalog's Reserve Desk. Print
materials can be checked out at the Library's Circulation Desk.
- WorldCat--books, etc., owned by thousands of libraries around the world.
- What is the Interlibrary Loan
- Interlibrary Loan
(ILLiad) Request Form for requesting books, videos and other
materials from other libraries. (Note: Distance Education students may use
the Interlibrary loan request
forms to request materials owned by the MSUN Library.)
campus access to electronic indexes, databases and catalogs via proxy
- Guides to Citing material in research reports or other papers.
- Guidelines for recognizing plagiarism:
- Classification systems used in Library (useful for browsing the
September 15, 2014
© 2011 Montana State University-Northern Library