Library Services for Faculty Members
Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery ...
Collection Development ...
Library Instruction Sessions ...
One-on-One Instructional Sessions ...
Research/Instructional Tools ...
- Reserves Service
- Allow 3 working days (Monday-Friday) for print materials to be placed on reserve. Allow 7 days for electronic reserves if the library staff must scan the materials before creating the E-Reserve.
- Not all items can be placed on reserve for multiple semesters. Contact Will Lorett or another library staff member with questions regarding Copyright issues.
- E-Reserves can be scanned in PDF format, saved to flash drive, CD-R or CD-RW, and brought to the library. Links will be added to the material from the library catalog's Reserve area.
Reserve Form--This form must accompany the materials to be placed on reserve.
Form--This form must accompany the materials or electronic copies to be placed on E-Reserve.
- Fill out the appropriate form on the computer and print out or print and fill in by hand.
- Call or email Will Lorett with any questions.
- Circulation Policies
- Circulation periods:
- Books & most Government Documents--current semester.
- Periodicals (Journals & Magazines)--7 days.
- Videos & DVDs--3 days.
- Reserve materials for the length of time specified by the
instructor placing the material on reserve.
- Most materials can be renewed. Call or email Will Lorett, or call the Circulation Desk prior to the due date.
- Fines are charged for every patron returning material after the due date.
- Books & most Government Documents -- $.50/day
- Periodicals (Journals & Magazines) -- $2.00/day
- Videos & DVDs -- $1.00/day
- Reserve materials -- $1.00/day
- The maximum fine is $50.00 per item.
- Periodical Routing
- The Library will route (send to your office) the second newest issue of most journals and
magazines to which the Library subscribes. Contact Belinda Potter with your request.
Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery Services:
- Interlibrary Loan Service is available to MSU-Northern students, faculty, administration and staff members (on campus and distance ed). There is no fee for the use of this service, however the distance education borrower is responsible for return postage of materials to the MSU-Northern Library.
- Use the Interlibrary Loan Service after having made a search of the materials (books, journal articles, government publications) owned by the Vande Bogart Library. This service supplements our resources. The Library will not borrow items to be placed on reserve.
- Most interlibrary loan requests take between one week to one month to fill. The average is two weeks.
- Materials not returned will be billed to you at the rate set by the lending library.
- Damaged materials will be billed at the rate set by the lending library.
- Fines are charged for overdue materials.
- Ordered requests cannot be canceled.
- Unclaimed ILL books will be held for 7 days after notification by
telephone or mail before being returned to the lending library. Requests
will not be accepted for the same materials. Borrowing privileges may
also be suspended for repeated unclaimed requests.
- The ILLiad Interlibrary Loan form (Request
Forms) must be filled in
completely. If you have a question about the information required,
please ask Belinda Potter.
books may be picked up at the Circulation Desk.
Most articles will be emailed directly to you, or posted to a server and instructions on how to access the document will be e-mailed to you.
Collection Development Services:
Library Instruction Sessions:
- Library Instruction sessions may be requested for classes. Contact Belinda Potter for more details.
One-on-One Instructional Sessions:
- Assistance with use of the indexes and database is available upon request.
January 15, 2016
© Montana State University-Northern Library