If You Are Not Sick
The best protection to help avoid getting the flu or decreasing the symptoms of the flu is to get the influenza vaccine!
A limited number of doses are still available at the Student Health Center. The cost is $20.00. An appointment is not necessary.
To Avoid Catching the Flu
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. If you are not near water, use an alcohol-based (60-95%) hand cleaner such as Purell.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick - do not kiss a sick person and do not share cups, lipstick or eating utensils with a sick person.
- Try not to touch your eyes, nose, or mouth.
- Beer, wine, cocktails and other alcoholic beverages DO NOT kill the flu virus, so don't share your drinking cups or glasses.
- Face masks, although popular, are usually not helpful for protection from catching the flu. If you have the flu, face masks are helpful in limiting the spread to other people.