804.15 Contingent Revolving Fund Checks
Section 800: Financial Affairs
Effective: October 1, 2007
Revised: April 2016
Review Date: April 2018
Responsible Party: Vice-Chancellor for Finance and Administration
Montana State University-Northern is authorized by the Montana State Department of Administration to maintain a local checking account to be used to make disbursements where timing is a factor. The Contingent Revolving account is to be used only for purposes demanding immediate payments.
Montana State University-Northern has established the following procedures which are consistent with State guidelines. Abuse of guidelines could result in cancellation or reduction of the account by the Department of Administration.
- All checks (warrants) will be issued by the State Treasury through the Accounts Payable System at MSU-Northern unless noted below.
- There is a discount requiring immediate payment.
- Emergency advances.
- Payments to the Postal Service that require immediate payment (e.g., Bulk Mailings).
- Short Term Loans to students are considered to be Emergency Loans and, therefore, appropriate use of the Contingent Revolving Fund.
- If any of these situations apply please route proper paperwork to Business Services.
Montana Codes Annotated Sections 17-6-101 to 105, 17-2-201; and
Montana Operations Manual, Volume II, Chapter 1900.