501.1 Class and Course Assignments: Cancellation of Courses due to low enrollment
Effective: January 6, 1981
Revised: June 2012
Review Date: June 2014
Responsible Party: Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs
By authority delegated by the Board of Regents and the Commissioner of Higher Education, the Chancellor of Montana State University-Northern has full power and authority to supervise, coordinate, manage and control Montana State University-Northern.
The following procedures shall be followed for the cancellation of courses due to low enrollment as established by the deans and provost or other mitigating factors:
- Provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (in affect at the time) will be strictly adhered to.
- Course enrollments will be reviewed on a regular basis.
- Unless pre-registration enrollments make an earlier decision imperative, course cancellation (if necessary) will take place August 1st and December 15th.
- In any case, course cancellations will involve consultation among the dean, department chairs and the faculty member involved with consideration given to student needs.
- Consultation will take place in accordance with the Collective Bargaining Agreement (in affect at the time) as a minimum, but an increased effort will be made to assure early, open and easy communications with deans, chairpersons and departmental faculty leading to long-term solutions.
- The dean's recommendation (after consultation with chairs) for cancellation or continuing a low enrolled course will be subject to the approval of the Provost/Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
405.5 Changes in Catalog and Class Schedule.