1010.1 Distinguished Service Awards
Section 1000: Campus Policy
Effective: December 10, 1984
Revised: August 2017
Responsible Party: Chancellor’s Office
In accordance with Montana University System policy 322.2, Distinguished Service Awards, Montana State University-Northern adopts the following as its policy:
A Montana State University-Northern Distinguished Service Award may be conferred upon an outstanding person who has made a significant contribution to the University.
Criteria for this award are as follows:
- The significance of the contribution to the University shall be demonstrably beyond normal expectation.
- The award shall not be made to a faculty or staff member during the term of his/her active service as a faculty or staff member.
Procedure for conferring this award is as follows:
- Nominations for a distinguished service award may come from any source and shall be directed to the Chancellor.
- Decisions as to making the distinguished service award to a nominee shall be made by the Chancellor upon the recommendation of the Core Leadership Team.
- Such awards shall be reported to the Board of Regents in a timely manner.
- Distinguished service awards will be officially conferred by the Chancellor during the spring commencement ceremony.