College of Arts, Sciences & Education
General Science (5-12) BSEd Program
Familiarize Students with the World of Science
Join an exciting program from MSU-N that will give you the tools to become an inspiring secondary education science teacher in an expansive field of science.
- Graduate with a BSEd Science degree to be eligible for a recommendation for a Standard Class II Educator License.
- Gain valuable in-classroom experience from mentoring under science teachers with many years in the classroom.
Secondary Education Degree, General Science 5-12: Expansive. Well Rounded.
- Benefit from a broad range of courses designed for your science teaching degree.
- Obtain a secondary education degree in science so you can tailor your classroom to the specific courses that fits your students' needs.
Education Faculty: Inspiring Students.
- Enhance your science teaching degree by learning alongside instructors both in and out of the classroom.
- Participate in the science education degree with instructors who motivate and facilitate classrooms for all areas of coursework.
General Science Teaching Degree Classes: Theory-based. Fresh Challenges.
Methods in teaching Secondary Science Education –Focus on methods used to educate various students learning abilities.
Curriculum Planning and Practice – Learn how to develop a curriculum that is successful for the wide range of students in the classroom.
Secondary Education Science Teacher Career Outlook
Graduates of the Montana State University-Northern Science Teacher Education Programs will be eligible for a recommendation for a Standard Class II Educator License. Between now and 2024, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects an expected growth in the field that is above average compared to other professions.
General Science Advisors
Office: Hagener Science Center 206
Phone: (406) 265-4126
Office: Hagener Science Center 205
Phone: (406) 265-3700 x3329
Office: Hagener Science Center 207
Phone: (406) 265-4153
Office: Cowan Hall 104E
Phone: (406) 265-3757
Office: Cowan Hall 104
Phone: (406) 265-3751