The MSUN psychology program is committed to the discovery of knowledge about the mind, brain, and behavior for the benefit of growth and development in students' academic, personal, and professional lives.
Learning Outcomes for Psychology, minor:
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe key concepts, principles, and overarching themes in psychology.
- Develop a working knowledge of psychology's content domains.
- Describe applications of psychology.
- Use scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena.
- Demonstrate psychology information literacy.
- Engage in innovative and integrative thinking and problem solving.
- Incorporate sociocultural factors in scientific inquiry.
- Apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice.
- Build and enhance interpersonal relationships.
- Adopt values that build community at local, national, or global levels.
- Interact effectively with others.
- Apply psychological content and skills to career goals.
The Field of Psychology: Growing and Desirable
A psychology minor complements many of Montana State University-Northern's degree programs including Nursing, Criminal Justice, Business, Education, Health Promotion, Biology, and Community Leadership. Psychology is an attractive minor both to students in the listed programs, as well as to students in other majors with an interest in psychology.
Northern's Psychology minor:
- Develops marketable knowledge and skills for employment after graduation.
- Equips students to pursue advanced educational opportunities.
- Prepares students to address and evaluate critical topics such as culture and human diversity, intergroup relations, prejudice and discrimination, stereotyping, attitude formation, multiculturalism and minority issues.
- Supports Montana and the nation to develop a well-rounded workforce to meet growing demands in the fields of healthcare, criminal justice, education, business, among others.
Fits your Needs: Face-to-Face or Online
Keeping in line with MSU-Northern's commitment to the diverse needs of our students, the Psychology minor offers psychology courses both on-campus as well as online. Students can earn the Psychology minor on-campus with face-to-face classes or from across the world with online classes.
The Psychology minor complements and enhances MSU-Northern students' academic paths by affording them an opportunity to specialize in the highly desirable field of psychology.
Phone: (406) 265-4169